Stay up-to-date with COVID-19 and its effects on RSC.
Page last updated: July 23, 2020
Important Info (full announcements are below for more detailed information):
– RSC Summer Percussion Workshop & Summer Orchestra are being offered in-person. Please find a list of the precautions we are taking to ensure the safety of students and staff in these programs here.
– RSC is currently closed for in-person events & lessons
– Private lessons & classes are being held remotely via Zoom
– All administrative staff can be reached by email
– For urgent requests, please leave a voicemail with your callback number on our main line at 781-235-6840
– RSC faculty can use our faculty access page for additional teacher specific resources
SmartMusic – A web-based suite of music tools including a metronome, music library, sight reading exercises, and some recorded accompaniments.
Cadenza Live – If you have an Apple device, you can use this app to practice with live orchestra recordings of a variety of classical pieces. The app will slow down and speed up alongside you as you play with it. Some of the orchestra recordings are free, some are paid.
Most Recent RSC Announcement: April 21, 2020
Dear RSC Families,
In light of Governor Baker’s announcement that schools will be closed for the duration of the school year, RSC will continue to offer only remote activities through the end of the spring semester. During this time, we will operate on an online platform, as we have been in recent weeks. Lessons, workshops, and recitals will all continue virtually until the spring semester’s conclusion on May 31, 2020. At that point, students who have missed lessons will have the opportunity to schedule make-up lessons with their teachers during the two make-up weeks that follow.
We are discussing what this change will mean for end-of-year events and will be in touch in the days ahead with a plan regarding RSC Awards Night, evaluations, and certificates. Thank you for your patience as we discuss the best course of action for cherished traditions and celebrations in the spring semester.
For up-to-date information on our response to COVID-19, please continue to check this page dedicated to updates and resources. We remain here for you through this uncertain time, and providing the highest quality music education to you and your family is our top priority. As we continue to improve, please don’t hesitate to be in touch with feedback to help us serve you. Thank you for your support and understanding.
Wishing you and your loved ones good health,
Director of The Rivers School Conservatory