This competition is open to all piano students within and outside of The Rivers School Conservatory. Students from The Conservatory can choose to compete either for a scholarship or for a cash prize. Students outside of Rivers compete for a cash prize. Contestants must still be in high school at the time of the competition.
Rivers Division: Open only to Rivers School Conservatory students enrolled in grades nine through twelve
Open Division: Open to all students enrolled in grades nine through twelve
* Last year’s first place winners may not compete in the same division this year.
Rivers Division: Scholarship awards - $500 first prize, $250 second prize
Open Division: Cash awards - $500 first prize, $250 second prize
First prize winners will share a recital at MIT’s Killian Hall on Wednesday, June 19, 2013
• Applicants are required to play two pieces from memory (no concertos):
1. A Prelude and Fugue by J.S. Bach from WTC bk I or II
2. A contrasting piece from a different period
• Total length must not exceed 15 minutes. Playing time in the preliminary audition will be limited to 10
• Applicants must bring clean scores for the judges (no photocopies) to both rounds of the competition.
• Call 781-235-6840 to request an application or click here
to download a form.
• Forms must be completed and mailed with a non-refundable entry fee to:
The Rivers School Conservatory
Attn: A. Ramón Rivera Piano Competition
333 Winter Street
Weston, MA 02493
(check or money order payable to The Rivers School Conservatory)
• Applications must be postmarked no later than March 23, 2013. Late applications will only be accepted if space is available.
781-235-6840 after April 8, 2013. The school will not notify contestants individually.
• The name of the finalists will be announced via email immediately following completion of the preliminary round. The names of the finalists will be posted on the website on the next working day.
For more information, please click here