Preliminaries: Sunday, April 13 12:00 p.m.
Finals (In Concert Format):
Sunday, April 27 2:30 p.m.
Rivers Division: Scholarship awards - $500 first prize, $250 second prize
Open Division: Cash awards - $500 first prize, $250 second prize
First prize winners will share a recital at MIT’s Killian Hall, Date TBA
Rivers Division: Open only to Rivers School Conservatory students enrolled in grades nine through twelve
Open Division: Open to all students enrolled in grades nine through twelve
* Last year’s first place winners may not compete in the same division this year.
• Applicants are required to play two pieces from memory (no concertos):
1. A Prelude and Fugue by J.S. Bach from WTC bk I or II
2. A contrasting piece from a different period
Total length must not exceed 15 minutes. Playing time in the preliminary audition will be limited to 10 minutes.Applicants must bring clean scores for the judges (no photocopies) to both rounds of the competition.
• Application forms must be completed and mailed with a non-refundable entry fee of $45 to:
The Rivers School Conservatory
Attn: A. Ramón Rivera Piano Competition
333 Winter Street
Weston, MA 02493
• Applications must be postmarked no later than March 22, 2014. Late applications will only be accepted if space is available.
• Preliminary audition times will be posted on this page after April 7, 2014 and the school will not notify contestants individually.
• The name of the finalists will be announced via email immediately following completion of the preliminary round. The names of the finalists will be posted on the website on the next working day.
• A copy of the judges’ comments will be mailed to all contestants.